Does bullying in your childhood have an effect on your adult life?

Yes it did have a negative effect on my life for many years. Sometimes the memories sneak back in again, but thank God they aren't as often as they used to be. As a result of being a victim of childhood bullying, I developed social anxiety and depression. Now I am a survivor not a victim. 

not every times but in many people it has adverse impact for life time.

Yes a severe affect. Some people can manage but some cannot. They grow by that mentality. But you need to forget it bcoz now i dont think you will have the same bullies and slowly the world is changing to a new future. Now you may have grown up its time to show those bullies your power no matter what you are going through now. Its your turn just beat them. They deserve it from you. You are so lucky.

I wouldn't know. I suggest you ask a cop because many cops were bullied as a kid.

Source(s): I've known a few cops.

Yes. It makes you feel worried to lose.

• Carmen

Any harsh unloving acts put upon someone can have life changing affects especially if it’s not addressed and resolved. Those who abuse others in whatever matter either lacks no natural affection ignorant have low self esteem or has to feel in control. Either way pray for those persecuting you. Try to seek professional help or advise if applicable and try to not give anyone that much control over your life now. Try to keep a calm heart and peace of mind and live a peaceful joyful life as possible. Everyone will reap what they sow eventually. 

Yes, I know I missed out on friendships and occasionally soured relations with people and lost opportunities because bad bullying at school left me feeling that the default position was that nobody wanted me around.   As soon as I felt that I didn't have anything useful to contribute I'd disappear because I wrongly assumed this was what people wanted me to do.  I honestly had no idea that this was rude and that people felt hurt and rejected so when they were off with me the next time I popped up with something to contribute it only confirmed my suspicion that people only (barely) tolerated me when I was being useful to them.  It took a blunt person who took me to task for being so "rude" and wondeeing what I got out of it to alert me to how dysfunctional the whole situation was.  I am so grateful for their bluntness or I might never have changed.

It can but it is how you deal with it.

It depends on how you finally resolve the bullying when you are young. I was bullied by a kid in junior high. I finally got tired of it and beat the snot out of him. I know that is not the PC solution but it really worked for me. 

Of course. 

But not in the sense one might think. 

It made me stronger. Wiser. And more vicious. A disciplinarian who values balance.

🥴 I can also now wipe the floor with anyones a$s in a physical fight or argument. 👸😛

I fight dirty too. 😎