Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Why do people buy the samsung s20 when the samsung a20 functions the same at more than a 10th the price?

I personally like the new A71, which gets a 4 1/2 star rating.  It is about 60% of the price of the S-series machines, has a nice screen, good battery life... a decent little unit.  The only negative doesn't bother me because I'm not likely to use it.  According to the ratings its macro lens isn't that good.  But hey, I'm not getting the phone for the purpose of photographs.

Honestly, most people buy it to show off it off to friends that they can afford it. But %90 of people never use the smartphone to their full potential. There not playing fortnite at ultra settings.

• Lv 7

the S20 storage capacity is 4x that of the A20.

the screen resolution is 4x.

the amount of RAM is nearly 3x, and it's newer faster RAM.

the CPU speed is DOUBLED!

it has a TRIPLE CAMERA instead of just a double.

it has optical zoom (A20 has only digital).

67% faster charging.

IP68 waterproof.

USB Type-C.

Gorilla Glass.

...

so yeah, they do NOT "function the same".

You have problems with basic math:

Target has the A20 for $140 (new). 

10X the price = $1400.

The S20 = is $999 even direct from Verizon

The s20 has a lot more features that most people don't need want or can afford

• Scott

Because the more expensive phone has four times the memory and three times the RAM.