can I drive from Oregon to Kansas in a move?

can I drive from Oregon to Kansas in a move at this time.

If Authorities allow and the vehicle is fit for rough roads , then No Problem with own food and water stock !

No, one little known fact is that there are actually zero roads in all of Kansas. You can reach the state border but the road just ends once it hits Kansas. You cant get to your actual destination. Good luck

Yes, you can. Driving is the safest way to travel right now.

You can drive pretty much anywhere in the contiguous 48 states as long as you don't need to stop anywhere. 

Yes.  Research ahead to make sure areas you may stay have open hotels.  

PS:  AAA does not give free planning.  They charge you an annual fee and that is one of the services.  Personally, I'd never pay for a service like that which I can handle myself these days.  It was great in 1990.

• MS

The only state on the Kansas quarantine list is Florida.  So there is no problem with you traveling from Oregon to Kansas right now.  You will not have to quarantine upon arrival.  If you plan to stay overnight in other states along the way then check their quarantine rules (which often have exceptions for individuals in situations like this).

Are the roads open? YES

Can YOU go that far is unknown. For one driver plan on four days of travel. Two drivers can  do it faster. Try to keep last day on the road to under 300 miles.

Wear a mask when necessary, wash your hands and keep your distance at any stops along the way.

Plan for a stop about every 3-4 hours for food fuel and toilet.

Suggest you investigate getting an AAA membership. Very helpful with FREE planning on a route and places to stop along the way.