Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

How did you end up with your cat?

Was he/she:

adopted from a shelter?

a tamed down stray?

given to you by a friend or family member?

found dumped?

bought from a breeder? 

Interested to know :) Mine was a bottle fed kitten when I got him as his litter was found dumped and is the biggest sook. 

The two I have now are from a local breeder. Previous cats were from friends/neighbors looking for homes for their kittens.

My cats actually belong to my friend who owns the house I live in.  She moved to another property where she is going to tear down the existing house and build a new one.  The cats are used to this place and the major construction that’s about to happen over there would be very hard for them.  

Once she gets the house built she’ll probably take the cats over there.

They are lovely cats, very sweet and loving and I have been astonished at how easily they adjusted to me moving into the house with my two dogs and parrot.

I’ve had other cats, adopted, found or given to me.  And when I lived in the mountains I took in a couple of stray/dumped cats.

I was new to the area & met a family that was going to move. The man asked me if I wanted the cat. No, thank you. Then, he said, if you don't take him, I'm going to dig a hole & shoot him. I didn't hesitate, I picked Mr. Kitty up & we left. Other people told me how cruel they were to him. I brought him home, pet him, found some food & it's been eight years now. He has the good life now. Buster Kitty.

• F

My wife had been going on about getting a cat for years, so when I spotted a rat in the garden, I thought it might be a good idea.

I thought we’d get a rescue cat ( didn’t want a kitten) but was shocked at the “donation” they expect. I thought I was doing them a favour. So we got one off gumtree for £10, that someone didn’t want anymore.

I bought one cat and found one in the woods. A few years later we found another, similar cat in the woods.

• Ocimom

I have 3 Ocicats - 2 of them were from other breeders as show cats, 1 of them I bred as a show cat.  The other cat is an adoption from the resuce group at Petsmart.

My family has 2 cats, and we got them from a woman who is a cousin of my mum.

• WOOWHO

i went to a yard sale

We had just moved to South Florida. And were in our local park. Having been there before we knew there were stray cats. So we brought a bag of dry food to leave for them. We were walking our two Dobermans through the park when my wife and I stopped to place some food out. A little black ball of fur came out of the bushes. Walked right past the dogs(I truly believe even they were shocked)and climbed straight onto my wife's lap. She couldn't have been more than 5-6 weeks old. HUGE, bright green eyes and jet black fur looking up at my stunned wife. He closed his eyes and fell right to sleep. My wife gave me that look that only those married many years would know. Without saying a word we had adopted a cat. And we have never once regretted our decision. She now rules her kingdom, the dogs and my wife and I.

Went to the shelter "to look", saw all the regular ones and then went to the new arrivals (who hadn't been vaccinated), one of them immediately showed an interest and wouldn't stop rubbing her face on the bars. They let her out and she jumped on my shoulders and sat there like a scarf. Couldn't leave without her then!