Noma asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

making deviled eggs for 30 guest how many eggs should i use?

• nappa

buy 3 doz, that will give you 36 eggs, when you cut them i half you'll end up with 72,, that is plenty. always good left over and many will either eat 1 or none..

Two eggs for each guest and some extra.

2 eggs for 1 guest 

Rule of thumb my mother always used was two full eggs per person, and then add 10 more just in case. So 70.

If you consider one egg (two halves) per person, then you need 30 eggs. Not everyone will eat them. Some may eat more than 2 halves. But figure one egg per person. 

If it's self serve, three dozen eggs, 72 pieces. I make my filling with yolks, mayo, salad mustard, ground sweet pickle and dry mustard.

• kswck2

GEnerally-60. Two per person. Just dust with Smoked Paprika. 

I would figure for maybe two halves per person so that would be 30 eggs, 2 1/2 dozen.  You could make 3 dozen and use the extra yolks and whites in the stuffing.

• Dze

about 5 dozen ...

At least 6 dozen. You really want the serving tray to not run out even if it means some are left over after the party. I would keep a couple dozen in the refrigerator as a reserve. If you don't need them they are still edible.