Noma asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

making deviled eggs for 30 guest how many eggs should i use?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • nappa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

buy 3 doz, that will give you 36 eggs, when you cut them i half you'll end up with 72,, that is plenty. always good left over and many will either eat 1 or none..

• 1 month ago

Two eggs for each guest and some extra.

• 2 months ago

2 eggs for 1 guest 

• 2 months ago

Rule of thumb my mother always used was two full eggs per person, and then add 10 more just in case. So 70.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you consider one egg (two halves) per person, then you need 30 eggs. Not everyone will eat them. Some may eat more than 2 halves. But figure one egg per person. 

• 2 months ago

If it's self serve, three dozen eggs, 72 pieces. I make my filling with yolks, mayo, salad mustard, ground sweet pickle and dry mustard.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

GEnerally-60. Two per person. Just dust with Smoked Paprika. 

• 2 months ago

I would figure for maybe two halves per person so that would be 30 eggs, 2 1/2 dozen.  You could make 3 dozen and use the extra yolks and whites in the stuffing.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

about 5 dozen ...

• 2 months ago

At least 6 dozen. You really want the serving tray to not run out even if it means some are left over after the party. I would keep a couple dozen in the refrigerator as a reserve. If you don't need them they are still edible.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.