In theory, has Jupiter the biggest 'ocean' of all planets?

If you consider the deeper you dive down into the planet sooner or later the tremendous force will turn the hydrogen liquid and metallic, creating a huge hydrogen metallic ocean. But would this 'ocean' of Hydrogen really 'be' an ocean, and also the biggest ocean on any of the planets? Would it have waves, would there be a sharp boundary where the liquid begins after the hydrogen still being gaseous?

• Phil

Do you know just how many planets there are in the Cosmos ?

There is a planet 13 times as large as Jupiter.

The Jovian ocean is of normal liquid hydrogen above the metallic hydrogen ocean.  I'm sorry, but I don't know much more about it.

It depends on how you define an ocean. But ocean usually means a large body of liquid on a solid surface. Sometimes ocean is taken to mean a body of liquid water. 

• John

Yes, but an odd way to look to look at an ocean. Europa has the biggest water ocean. 

I guess that would technically be true... The atmosphere will eventually get thick enough to be considered a liquid, and it would cover Jupiter's supposedly solid core. 

It would depend on the definition of an ocean... if it's strictly a large body of liquid, that works, if it has to be water, it wouldn't.  As for waves, swells, a boundary layer... 

Jupiter does have an interior heating source;  it radiates more energy than it receives from the Sun... that would likely stir up the mass inside, probably creating swells; and I would guess there'd be a definitive boundary where liquid hydrogen traded atoms with gaseous hydrogen as well, so... I would guess, yes, we'd see waves on that interface.  

Repeat: guess.