Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Did you drive yourself home after a colonoscopy with sedation?

• Edna

Of course I drove myself home after a  colonoscopy - most people do.

The sedation that is used is what is called "conscious  sedation", and it is administered via IV. You're asleep during the colonoscopy, but you don't have the sensation of actually going to sleep. It wears off almost immediately after you open your eyes, and you're awake and alert. You don't feel "groggy" afterward.  

Absolutely not.  They will not allow you drive impaired.  Arrange a ride home and sleep it off.

I am a military veteran, and after I have been sedated for an Upper Endoscopy procedure(look inside my esophagus and stomach with endoscope)I must have a designated driver to drive me to my home. Some hospitals and doctor's clinics may allow you to sit the their offices for an hour for the sedation to end.

harrald

• TedEx

If you do not have a ride home, they will cancel your appointment

no, i left my car at home, i came in a taxi and went home

in a taxi

and the sedation wears off in an hour

• Tavy

No, too dozy, it's not advised.

• kelvin

no one is allowed to do that and that is why they require you to bring someone with you when you have it done and i know as i have had many of those done

• Scott

No. You have to have somebody present in the waiting room to take you home.