Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

How did any of the carnivores survive after the biblical flood?

From what I understand the animals brought on the ark included either a pair or seven of them. Ok... so after the flood how did carnivores and their prey survive? The prey for any carnivore not have enough time to reproduce before their predators killed them all. And the carnivores would have starved to death after killing and eating the last prey in their diet.

Update:

*would not have enough time

Update 2:

To anyone that says the animals are fruits and vegetables there simply wouldn’t be enough. Almost all plant life would have died because the entire earth would be flooded. This means that light and other sources of energy that plants need to survive would be absent. 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Noah took seven pairs of the clean animals onto the Ark, and there are more prey species than predator species.  The Lord may also have preserved some animals' lives by other means than the Ark, although the New Testament writers didn't think so.

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Noah's flood story is a myth. The story is scientifically and physically impossible.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

God created all beasts as herbivores.

Genesis 1:30 KJV — And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

The predator-prey relationship didnt appear until some indeterminate period of time after the flood. Obviously God didnt allow all his creatures to be eaten. They lived out their lives and died.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

God made food go a long way (loaves and fishes kind of restaurant).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Didn't Sheldon's mom answer this in "the Big Bang Theory" along the lines of they feasted on the bodies of the dead sinners!

• 2 months ago

Here are the key passages that answer your questions.

Gen 1:30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

Gen 9:3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Gen 8:10 He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. 11 When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth.

Not until after the Great Flood did animals start eating meat, and there probably was a lengthy transition from total herbivore to total carnivore for most eat eaters.

Plants had started growing back in places even though the water was still receding.  Also, they probably still had some food on board the ark that hadn't been eaten yet.  By the time that was all gone, there were enough plants to sustain all the animals.  Remember, the total number was minuscule compared to what we have today.  After a couple of years, smaller animals like rats and rabbits would have proliferated and been enough food for those animals transitioning to carnivores.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

By it being just a myth or fable and not actually happening.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe they ate the rotting corpses of all the people that god deliberately killed with the flood. 

• 2 months ago

Skydaddy had some kind of animal mana that she dropped outta the clouds like she did for Moses  and the Israelites . I Think it was called manamal .

And she probably dropped some prime rib for the meat eaters too . 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Christians don't care for this sort of question. If anything, they'll just answer you to insult you, or throw the word miracle out there like that explains anything.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.