Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 5 months ago

Is it normal for a parent to regularly lie to a child like my father does to me?

I don’t mean occasionally lie but I mean routinely lie like once or twice a month. 

In my fathers case he lies to family but is very honest elsewhere.  Though he did do one deceptive business practice.  

• edward

Oh yeah, my parents telling me that a stranger will take me away somewhere they don’t have rice.  They’ll leave me somewhere.  We’re never going back somewhere.  Just little things all parents say to thier kids when they misbehave.  Most crushing lie i think was when they told me they got me the car i wanted for my 17th birthday...i guess they got it right but the car i have is the one i wanted when i was almost 16, the car a year later had already changed but hey...10 years later and it still gets the job done