Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Is it too late to seek for forgiveness after you're dead?

If so, then how come God killed millions of people? Wouldn't he be sentencing them to Hell without even giving them a chance to repent?

THEY HAD THEIR WHOLE LIFE TO REPENT BUT SOME THINK I WILL WAIT UNTIL I AM NEAR DEATH TO DO SO, BUT 

THIS IS WHY JESUS(GOD INCARNATE) SAID, 

"I MAY COME AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT AND DEMAND YOUR SOUL, SO BE ON YOUR GUARD, BE ON YOUR GUARD"

WHEN A PERSON COMMITS A MORTAL DEADLY SIN, THEY MUST CONFESS IT ASAP.  FOR ONCE YOU PASS ON YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT WANT TO SEEK FORGIVENESS, EVER.

WE ARE ALL LOCKED INTO OUR LAST FREE WILL DECISION TO SEEK FORGIVENESS OR NOT TOO.

1.  Usually, especially if we knew better.

2.  Nope.  1 Peter 3:18-20; 4:6 show us that even spirits in hell can learn the gospel of Christ.  1 Cor. 15:29 teaches us that at least some of the dead can benefit from such preaching.  After all, it would be cruel to preach to the wicked spirits and then deny them the blessings of baptism.

First comes death. Then comes Judgment. They all had their chance. That is universally understood. 

Ooops, now that I see you, I decided to believe in you.  BOOMING VOICE.....TOO LATE, I WANTED THE FAITHFUL ONLY.

Unfortunately yes, since all will know the truth then.

That is not a moral equivalence.  Romans 2:14-16 is for the living.  Luke 16:19-31 is for the dead.  Compare Hebrews 9:15.

It is too late to seek forgiveness after one has died though a person can still seek forgiveness after suffering mortal injuries but before actually dying.

"A chance'??  They had THEIR WHOLE LIVES.  Only children complain about not getting do-overs.  

Another reason that the ancient Middle Eastern God™ presents as a monster rather than a loving God™  

I guess he really, really wanted them to go to hell for all eternity. But keep in mind, he's a loving God.