Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Do all atheists believe in the evolution theory?

All people don't believe the same thing no matter what it is. 

Atheists don't believe there is a God™

Atheist beliefs about anything else is up for debate. 

Anonymous Cowards ask the same BS questions over and over.  

• Paul

Of course they do, for the same reason most Christians, and all other educated people do. Because biological evolution is one of the most thoroughly understood natural processes that exist, supported not only by millions of pieces of fossil evidence, but by addition information from genetics, anatomy, zoology, physiology, biochemistry, and many other scientific fields. If I belonged to a Protestant denomination that required me to reject scientific facts that conflict with their misinterpretations of the Bible, I'd get out of there and look for a real church ASAP.

I am sure there must be at least one that doesnt.

Atheists don't believe in anything unless it is proven.  There are an infinite number of things to believe that are not proven (Santa, for example).

• .

No, atheists are much smarter than that.          

Theories aren't set in stone.     

Theories can be modified and bastardized (put together from many other theories).

Evolution is science and is accepted by theists and atheists alike because the evidence for it is overwhelming. It is not a matter of belief but of accepting or rejecting the evidence. Not all atheists accept evolution but as evolution has nothing to do with the belief/disbelief in gods that doesn't matter. Generally atheists are better educated than fundamentalists so they are far more likely to accept science than fundamentalists are. Educated Christians accept science and evolution too.

Not necessarily, though without religion there is no reason to think it is false, so you would be unlikely to come across an atheist who did reject it.

God of Thunder, I was taught biology by a Creationist, too, but I still accepted evolution.

Atheism is a simple none/null belief in any gods - THERE ARE ZERO OTHER PREREQUSITES!

A theory isn't something you believe in, genius. It's an explanation of facts in evidence.

I ran into one who didn't once.  Turns out he had learned biology from a creationist teacher.