Jared asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

In your opinion is there a difference between a democrat and a liberal?

I was having a discussion with a group of people and for the most part all of us said yes. We believed that there is a difference between democrats and liberals, and that was just how extreme they were about the changes and how rapid they expect them to happen. We also said that one of the biggest differences is all liberals hate Trump mainly for the reason that CNN and other liberals tell them to, not actually because of their own rational thought. And that democrats can hate him but at least they think more on their own and can be reasoned with. Wanted some more opinions. Also libtards you can tear me apart all you want, unlike you I won't try and cancel someone just because they say something I find "offensive" and don't like. 

Liberal is someone who espouses the political philosophy of Liberalism (which comes in different flavors). A Democrat is someone who supports and often votes for Democrat politicians or is an actual card-carrying member of the Democrat Party. The Democrat Party exists for putting Liberal Politicians into political office and supports Liberal agendas. 

• Zirp

A person can be both, but they are not synonymous.

Cancel-culture is a toy of SJW-trolls

• Sergio

There is no difference today.

I don't understand why they call totalitarians liberals.

actually...the haters r the conservatives...kinda explains why racists tend to be cons...seriously tho..conservatives have enlarged right amygdalas...theyre fearful and squeamish and more likely to lie than libs

They’re similar. One is like straining to take a dump. The other is like the runs. Both stink.

Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism#:~:text...