Jared asked in HealthMental Health · 4 months ago

Looking for ways to help alleviate this problem?

I haven't been diagnosed with any problems like anxiety or depression, because on average I don't feel this way. However, every once in a while I also have days where I feel depressed and days where I get anxious for no reason that I can think of. Like recently, I have been feeling uneasy about something but I can't put my finger on it. At first I thought it was from going away to college and feeling like I am forgetting to do something or get something but I have checked what I need to do and get and it is all done. Does anyone know ways to get rid of these feelings without the help of a doctor, because I really do feel fine on a normal basis and don't think I need to seek professional help and counseling.

Update:

To anonymous, its not that I am concerned but I realize I don't really have these problems since they rarely happen. Talking to a professional costs money that I do not want to spend as it would be a waste since the majority of the time I feel perfectly fine. I am simply looking for ways to relieve these feelings on my own. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Liz
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Everyone has days where they feel sad, depressed or anxious even if they don't have depression or anxiety. I find mindfulness or meditation helpful (there are tons on youtube). There are tons of coping methods (see website below) that can help with to deal with feeling anxious or depressed. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Speak to someone.  If you are concerned, why wouldn't you speak with an educated professional?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.