Jared asked in HealthMental Health · 4 months ago

Looking for ways to help alleviate this problem?

I haven't been diagnosed with any problems like anxiety or depression, because on average I don't feel this way. However, every once in a while I also have days where I feel depressed and days where I get anxious for no reason that I can think of. Like recently, I have been feeling uneasy about something but I can't put my finger on it. At first I thought it was from going away to college and feeling like I am forgetting to do something or get something but I have checked what I need to do and get and it is all done. Does anyone know ways to get rid of these feelings without the help of a doctor, because I really do feel fine on a normal basis and don't think I need to seek professional help and counseling.

To anonymous, its not that I am concerned but I realize I don't really have these problems since they rarely happen. Talking to a professional costs money that I do not want to spend as it would be a waste since the majority of the time I feel perfectly fine. I am simply looking for ways to relieve these feelings on my own. 

• Liz

Everyone has days where they feel sad, depressed or anxious even if they don't have depression or anxiety. I find mindfulness or meditation helpful (there are tons on youtube). There are tons of coping methods (see website below) that can help with to deal with feeling anxious or depressed. 

Speak to someone.  If you are concerned, why wouldn't you speak with an educated professional?