Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 2 months ago

Do you agree that Larry Bird is the greatest basketball player of all time ?

Skill is what matters. There's a lot of guys who were taller and more athletic but why should that matter? Nobody has any say in what genes they were born with. Bird was the most skilled and that's the most important thing 

Besides Bird played in the toughest era and teams actually played defense back then. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No Wilt Chamberlain.  He was like the only guy who when he blocked a shot recovered the ball...if u block a shot and the other team gets it back especially if they score, your not accomplishing much...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He's not even the greatest White basketball player of all time.

• 2 months ago

No,It's Michael Jordan.

• 2 months ago

No, but he's in the top ten all time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • STEVE
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Actually, athleticism is almost as important as skill. Speed, strength, leaping, conditioning, balance, quickness, etc are all tools to enhance/capitalize on a player's skillset, prevent injury, and more. Not just on the basketball court, but also when paving their mother's driveway

I think Michael Jordan is the league's greatest player, and I think Hakeem Olajuwon is the most skilled

• 2 months ago

He's definitely in the conversation. Without a doubt HE IS the greatest Forward to ever play. 

And he definitely is a better all-around player than Michael Jordan ever was. He just didn't receive the hype that Jordan did. 

Hope this helps :)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Incredibly skilled and underrated but not better than Jordan.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sorry, gotta go with Jordan.  Jordan was the supreme winner.  And it pains me to say that because I was a Pistons fan.

Bird was great, but not the greatest.

Magic was great, but not the greatest.

Kobe was great, but not the greatest.

Lebron is great, but not the greatest.

• 2 months ago

No.  Not even top 10 to be honest.  Probably in the 11-20 group though.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.