Isabel
Lv 4
Isabel asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Are travelogues still relevant?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Not as much as they once were, but yes they still are.

• 2 months ago

They are entertainment,  with everyone sequestered it helps to watch stuff like this. 

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Relevant to whom exactly? Me? You? People in general? Just because we live in an era where any numbskull can post whatever he or she likes to the internet with the tapping of a few keys, that certainly doesn't mean that there aren't people out there who are interested to read about what it's like to visit certain places or to travel through certain parts of the world. And most importantly, it's about who's writing the book that really matters. That counts for more than the subject matter to some of us. I didn't get a stamp in my passport until later in life, but I've definitely made up for that over the years and have managed to visit over 50 countries. The biggest issue that authors who write travelogues face today is that traveling has become so uniform. Of course, we're fortunate to still have some places left on this planet that have not been completely absorbed into the collective, unvaried type of travel experience, but narrative voice exists in non-fiction as well as in fiction. Travelogues are by no means irrelevant, but the good ones are definitely few and far between these days. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.