Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 5 months ago

Are most Americans mixed race and culture?

What does the census data show?

Unless you are talking about pure-blood Native American or 1st generation American whose parent came from the old country, you can't really help but be mixed race and/or culture.

Most Americans are of mixed ethnicity if not race, the classic "Irish/Italian" or "German/Polish" type combinations. But unless their immigrant roots are recent their "culture" is likely to be the typical US hodgepodge. Culture is just the way people behave and it's not uncommon to find a Latino person who also loves Chinese food and American football, as just one example of our American "melting pot". 

Census data doesn't actually determine your racial mix. Only a DNA test can do that. Based on my own DNA tests I would guess that the majority of Americans are of mixed races. As to culture, in America we have always adopted those parts of various cultures that we like. Had any Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Cuba, Mexican, German or other foods? That is just one example of what I mean. 

Hopefully not it’s nice to be original