Asep
Asep asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Don’t you think it’s disrespectful for a parent to barge into their kids room?

I was in a public voice chat on discord and I fell asleep and of course my airpods die and my speaker turns on. So my mom barges into my room demanding to know who im on the phone with. She did the same thing last night where she barged into my room like 20 times

I think they should have at least enough decency to knock.

Newsflash kid!

It's not YOUR Room,,

It's just a room you currently have the privilege of occupying for as long as you still have the privilege of living in your "Parents" house.

And,

Your parents have the God-given right to barge into any room they want.

So,

I recommend locking the frkn door whenever you happen to be occupying the bathroom.

But make no mistake,

If you lock the bedroom door they also have the God-given right to tear it off of it's hinges.   

• Raja

You mom appears to be a very narrow minded lady . She must understand even kids have a self respect .If she wants to enter your room she can always knock on the door so that you can say come in please.In this case you are also to be blamed because you have been careless in handling your Airpods .

Normally, I do think its disrespectful to barge into anyones room (regardless of the role), you should always knock and if no answer, it means no entry. It's common courtesy, one in which I wish people would practice more often.

Having said that, I think you need to put yourself in your Mom's shoe's here- She heard unknown voices coming from your room and with no response from you, she had valid reason to be concerned for your own safety here. How would you react if your son or daughter had strange voices coming from their room? I totally get why your Mom barged in the first time, she was concerned for your safety.

Who paid for the airpods and speaker? Who pays for your phone? You poor baby. 

yes but i would just be thankful you still have your mom around, wish i did

lock the door..........

Nope- that's what being a parent is about.  

🥴 If you're underage, it's her job to protect you.

Normal.

• April

When I was a kid, my parents always respected my privacy. Sometimes my mom drove me up a wall with the number of times she came back but she always knocked. Maybe try turning your devices down if she can hear them across the house.