Different symbols when you add someone on Snapchat?

When I first add someone on Snapchat and they don’t add me back, there are either two symbols that will be by their name when I look for them in my friends list: a grew arrow or a grey speech bubble. I know that if you try to message someone with the grey arrow, it’ll say something like “chat pending until they add you back,” but for people with the grey bubble, it’ll just let me send it. Why is that?

So if it doesn't say "chat pending until they add you back", all that means is that in their settings under "who can send me messages" they chose "anyone" instead of "friends". That means they'll still receive your message and they can open it even if they don't accept the request. The other person where it says "pending" would have to accept your request before they're notified of the message.

• ?

Snapchat lets you Send messages anyways to someone Despite you need to Add them they wont see your Message tho until they Add you back