Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

How come we didn't have a successful COVID 19 response like progressive countries like New Zealand?

They have 23 cases and they're all travel related. Trump's so mad he's pretending Americans need to "exercise increased caution" in New Zealand since they quarantined us.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Because our president claimed it was a democratic hoax and failed to take it seriously 

• 2 weeks ago

So you wan to compare an Island with ~ 5 million people with the Worlds Greatest Country, involved internationally with every Nation in the world, with the most Businesses world wide, and has a pop of <Greater than 350Million ???.... You're not dumb at all ....

I would have my name hidden/Anonymous too if I ask this caliber of a question !

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because we in America are saddled with the tRumpCo cult of stupid that messes up EVERYTHING.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm guessing their young adults are not having Covid parties for starters.  I'm also guessing that when there was infection in an area, they didn't flee that area spreading it around the country like people from NY did. I'm guessing they have not had as many nor as many people involved in riots and such. I'm guessing they don;t have people coming across the border and spreading it as we know happened/is happening in Arizona.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

In January 2020 Dr Fauci said Americans didn't need to worry about it

The President banned travel to/from China January 31st 2020

On March 8th 2020 Dr Fauci said wearing face masks wasn't necessary 

On March 13th a National Emergency was declared

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Elect a clown, expect a circus. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I guess you had to skip a lot of other progressive countries to find one which had better success.

• 2 months ago

New Zealand is an Island with controllable borders .

I am going to guess that you're now a supporter of a secure border wall ?

• Ann
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Because there are liberal Democrats getting in the way at every turn. They don't have that problem. On November 4th, when shutting the country down didn't work either and he's re-elected, this thing will just go away little by little until you find the next thing to "get him" with.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don’t buy into the hype or fear based reality 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.