Can someone tell me the best place to shop for a houseboat in California? ?

I am looking into getting a small houseboat, no more than 30 ft in length, and I cannot find anywhere online to look for one. I have never shopped for a houseboat before so I have no clue where to start. Please drop some links or something that can help me find a houseboat 

• CB

You just need to use google for your area  there is NO best place - try this in google search - Houseboats for sale near me. Or near your zip code. As mentioned CA is a big state. 

https://www.boattrader.com/boats/type-power/class-...

What you will need to find is a competent, licensed person to perform a Marine Survey on the boat with sea trials before putting down any money. 

• fuzzy

Any large body of sheltered water with decent sized towns on the banks would be a good place to start

TROLL!

As a house boat of no more than 30' is going to fell like living in a garden shed.

And if you were really interested to buy one you would already know the place to buy one.

Where is the best place in California to buy a houseboat?

My first place to shop would be the handful of places in California that allow houseboats on them.

Where would I not look?  Anywhere near the ocean since houseboats don't go in the ocean.  Nor could you afford to pay marina fees. 

• Ron

I suspect that you are a troll because you don't have a clue what a houseboat is

Before there was an internet, people beat shoe leather to do this kind of search. Try searching for marinas all up and down the Sacramento River and in the Delta.

Not knowing where you are in California (it's a big State), I can only suggest you start looking where there are currently houseboats tied up in the San Francisco Bay.  That would be Sausalito and Alameda CA.  Both have houseboats tied to their seawalls.