Anonymous

Which would be a better option?

Should I go to trade school to become a LPN or is a college better? I am trying to debate but I was thinking of just attending a community college since those are usually cheaper, so which would be a better option?.

Thank you but I'm not interested in a four year degree though & I don't really care about the money.

Anyways, which kind of school would be a better option for me?

• MS

A community college is probably better, primarily because those courses are more likely to count if you decide to further your education later.  You can also become an RN through many community colleges (usually a 2-3 year program).  If you don't want to do that right off the bat, many community colleges offer LPN-RN programs and that's when going to a community college to start can be really helpful.

• John

First, check the educational path required to be an LPN or RN in your state.  Some states require a 4 year degree to be an RN, which would eliminate the RN path for you.  In my state,however, one can still become an RN with a 2 year degree from a community college.  The RN might be a better way to go if you can complete the course in 2 years.  

• A

LPN is a short course and you can usually find a job but you may have odd hours, odd days,  weekends, nights, holidays and it does not pay much. A 4 year degree in business can put you in a place to get a 7-4 job regular hours, benefits, advancement