Are there trade schools for Animation?

In college you are required to take core classes (math, science, language arts, social studies) to gain a degree and further "round yourself as a student". I'm not interested in that, I want to further my career while skipping the studies, and do what I love, not wasting money on classes I don't wish to take. I know you can do this in a vocational (trade) school with the different trade courses only focusing on the desired career. Are there any trade schools that teach animation? 

Your best choice would be a regionally accredited academic art college - the mandatory general ed classes are minimal, and emphasis is placed on your art (digital) major.

No vo-tech school without full regional accreditation is going to be respected enough to advance you in the marketplace after graduation - it would be a waste of time and money to take the shortcut.

Investigate the big art colleges around the country, see how much art their programs involve as well as what gen ed is required. Somehow they manage to make their gen ed classes art related as much as possible - and 45 gen ed units out of 120 total units is pretty easy to accomplish, and worth the more prestigious diploma.

Hah. I knew there would be people in the US who don't like to waste their money on gen-ed academic fluff. You can certainly go study in the UK. Knowing the university prices in the US I will not be surprised if you end up saving money. Beside, a bachelor's degree is just 3 years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

• drip

Check out community colleges around you.  One out the three around me offers a course. It would be from an accredited public school and most likely cheaper in tuition.  

Anon’s post is good. Be sure any school you go to has full regional accreditation.