Questions about juvenile myoclonic seizures?

I'm curious why my oxygen level was low I was in a hospital being treated for a bad seizure episode I was in and out of consciousness when I woke up and found that they have put me on oxygen when I asked the nurse they told me it was because my oxygen and I'm wondering why that was

Possible reasons for low oxygen in general include:  blood disorder affecting hemoglobin or red blood cells;  heart problems; a physical problem that reduces gas exchange such as pneumonia, asthma, lung inflammation, or fluid in the lungs; adverse reaction to a medication; and neurological problems with control of breathing; and muscle or nerve problems affecting the diaphragm or intercostal muscles. 

Given the problem developed during a myoclonic seizure, breathing was probably disrupted each time the muscles in the thorax tightened, which has the same effect as holding your breath.