Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

What do you do when your supposed to be bestfriend is a liar and tells your secrets to people?

My bestfriend is a chronic liar and constantly blabs things I have told her in confidence what do I do, I also live with her and my family is always taking her side along with the fact they wont kick her out...

• Ocimom

Why are you still friends?  I'd be finding new friends and "unfriend" her fast.

• Chanel

Your family must get wise to her at some point.

Say to your mom "she talks nasty about people and I don't like that".

Maybe your mom will realize in time.

Anyway, no more secrets to her cos she cannot stop her nasty tittle tattle.

Kill him. ...Yes, i don't enjoy 

Be careful about what you do or say in front of her or tell her.  You two are living under the same roof, so be friendly but keep her at arms length,   Be sure you don't have weak moment and need someone to talk to and reveal  a secret to her about yourself or anyone else.

Source(s): It took me awhile to realize a person, who I thought was a friend was telling everything the could about me. I just shut down and kept things to myself, until I could talk to someone I knew I could trust.

She is definitely not a friend. Since you are living there don't rock the boat till you can be self reliant, and keep more to yourself. 

• Tj

Since you are stuck with her, just cut her out of anything to do with your life. Do not even say hello to her. Silent treatment, would be best. If you can, you move out.

I live with a girl who is like that, too. Do not reveal anything personal to her, keep your conversations light by asking her questions, keep the focus on her, and try to avoid talking about yourself.

Are you an adult?

Then you can start seeming to be interested in finding a new place to live.

And stop telling her things in confidence anymore unless it's something you don't care if she tells everyone.

It's not fun to feel unlistened to about things, so could you possibly try to talk with your family again about it? Why is she living with you? If you're an adult, why are you living with them?

If you are not an adult, and you have told them about this stuff, try again to help them see how it's making you feel. Tell a counselor at school.

shes not your friend, make some new ones

well then how is that your best friend