jean
jean asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

have u ever had a pet rabbit? are they good pets?

I’ve had a rabbit throughout my life from childhood to adult. 

I’ve litter trained all of them.

My last rabbit I even took for walks over it got used to being on a leash. I took it with me to my children’s soccer games and let it hop and play in the grass while the kids played with him! He would also play “tag” with his best friend Chase! (the family golden retriever)

As with any pet you get, whatever you put in, you get out. If you put in time and love with your bunny, you will see results. It will squeal when it hears your voice or jump high in the air when it’s happy. I even played hide and seek with my very first bunny out in the field when I was young! 

Do your research before getting any pet. They can be trained to do many things as I mentioned but I always did have a problem with chewing so be leery of this issue.

I hope this helps you.

I've never had one as a pet and I wouldn't really fancy one

Yes! They are so loving! People usually overlook them because they are mostly silent creatures. Most of there emotions are expressed through actions. It is sometimes hard to understand what it all means at first but eventually you get it!

Yes, I have. I still live with my parents, and while I was growing up as a child, my mum used to have lots of animals, including rabbits. I've also worked with rabbits during the 3 years I was in college studying animal management.

Also, yes, rabbits typically are very good pets, especially for beginners. This is because they're generally good with children, the costs of food can be relatively cheap in comparison to other animals - like reptiles, dogs (especially large dogs) and horses - and they're also easy to care for. Some vet's bills and pet insurance can be cheaper, plus they don't need as much attention and grooming as some other animals like dogs and cats do.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Personal experience.

I grew up on a farm, we raised rabbits and chickens to sell for people to eat.  So I do not see a rabbit as a pet, but as an over sized rodent.

I have had a few. They make good pets for the right people. They are usually not super social or cuddly with people, they need a lot of space, can be destructive and need fresh veggies daily. Some people find they are not worth the effort or are disappointed that they are not cuddly but I personally love them. They are so cute and so much fun to watch. Its fairly easy to rabbit proof a room so no constantly setting up and taking down a playpen like I did with my rats. They are not needy for attention so you don't always have to worry about setting aside an hour or 2 every single day to play with them. 

• Frank

Yes my sibling and I kept rabbits and white mice from being quite young kids.  We had to buy, with our pocket money, the bedding and food for them but dad made the hutches for us.  It was our job to clean them out when necessary BUT when they had babies we kept the money that the pet shop owner gave us - as we sold the babies to the shop where we bought the parent rabbits.   It was great to do it that way as it taught us responsibility and we were made to understand that these were living creatures with needs. 

No never had a pet rabbit. But I have eaten rabbit and they're delicious 

• Mog

Yeah, I had a pet rabbit. He was the best bunny in the whole universe. Best pet I ever had. And I’ve had a lot of pets in my life. Cats, a dog, a parakeet, fish, a hamster, a turtle. My bunny was the best. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about him, and he died 14 years ago.