Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Is it safe to travel with my friend somewhere in this context?

A friend of mine went travelling a few weeks ago and when he returned he tested positive for coronavirus and so he was admitted to the hospital. He will be released soon. We had planned to travel somewhere with some other friends on the 14 of August. However I don't know if I should cancel or not. Since he caught the virus, is it okay to travel together? I'm flying soon and don't want to be quarantined at the airport.

The friend that had the virus wont be able to travel - where I live you only get taken to hospital with the virus if you are very ill and need to be on oxygen etc and in hospital for several week before you recover and for those that are not ill enough to go to hospital must isolate themselves for a few weeks as well as anyone they have been in contact with until they are better.

Personally, I would sit this one out.