Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

I am 15 and I play with dolls I have a crib and more is that normal?

I have a bassinet and diapers and car seat and stroller for my doll I have a name for her too and I am 15 please help is that normal

• sarah

I don't think it's really considered normal, but then again, I don't see it as a bad thing, either. There's a lot worse things a 15-year-old could be doing than playing with dolls.

It is not common, but that doesn't mean it's not normal.  Yes, some people would tease you if they knew, but they don't understand and perhaps never will.  You might want to find others like yourself in Internet chat groups.

Not only is it OK to play with dolls and their accessories, but it has two major advantages.  1)  It brings back happy childhood memories, and 2) It prepares you for future motherhood.

You might want to read the story linked below of a 34 year old woman who rediscovered her childhood joy by purchasing her favorite doll from the American Girl collection.

No, that's definitely not normal. And you already know it's not normal, or you wouldn't be asking.