Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Should I have a talk with my wife about the way she yelled at my step son?

So I have a 12 year old step son.

My wife put the vaccume in his room.

My son asked if she wants him to vaccume his room.

She my wife yelled at my step son and asked "WHY ELSE WOULD THE VACCUME BE IN YOUR ROOM!?  I WANT YOU START ACTING LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD!"

My step son was in tears for being yelled at because he asked if that's why the vaccume was in his room.

My wife does lose her temper quite often with my step son (propably every weekend she is with him).

Should I tell my wife that she overreacted to my step son asking why the vaccume is in his room?

P.S. his room is usually clean.

No, don't communicate with your wife about your child. Just post stories on the internet for a bunch of 14 year olds whom you will never meet to read.

i would tell her she needs to stop doing that or she can leave

My wife screamed at my stepkids, too, and they lived with us. She was so out of control once that I picked her up and carried her into the bedroom and sat her on the bed until she cooled down. The daughter would get in tears, and although her older brother said he was used to it, I could see that he was shaking.  My wife learned this behavior from her psycho mother, allegedly. Yes, intervene as needed. Someone has to be the responsible adult. Good luck.

• Archer

I would ask her why she can't seem to have a civil response when a 12 year old talks to her, after all she 'is' suppose to be an adult now isn't she.

Wife is very stressed out & loses control cause of other situations in the house that drive her berzerk.  She not a happy wife.  What has her so stressed?

I suspect that she's Bi-polar. Does she fly off the handle often? And, other times, remorseful? She has no balance & she never will know how to control herself. She needs mental health. Please, before she becomes violent.

She is nuts I suppose............

• Tj

She is taking something else out on him. That boy is being used by her to get out her anger. The boy does not live with her? If not, you need to tell the boys father whats going on. It is not fair to the boy. You are a good guy, trying to help the boy.