Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My sister has done some really bad things, would I be gossiping if I told on her to people or is gossip just when it’s something not true?

James: No, we do not love each other as my sister is a horrible person.  

Loving her it would be like loving Hitler and I would never do that.  

"Telling on" someone is something children do.

Gossip is gossip.

I found out yesterday from a neighbor that he and his wife are splitting up. Me telling others would be gossiping even though it's true.

gos·sip

/ˈɡäsəp/

Learn to pronounce

noun

casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.

"he became the subject of much local gossip"

Every one gossips in one form or another.  If it is public knowledge & everyone already knows what she has done, I would gossip.  If no one knows anything about it & you wish to inform them, go ahead & gossip.  Some people just hate it when they are gossiped about but I really don't give a damn what people say about me.  People talk about each other in one form or another.  To me gossip is not a bad thing.  As long as you are not telling lies & are telling nothing but the truth, the truth is the truth.  Speak the truth. but no lies.

• James

She's your sister, and I'd like to think that the two of your still love each other despite the things she's done. I would leave her be.

The only exception to this would be if someone else could get hurt by her actions. In that case you should absolutely tell the other person. If my brother was an abusive person, for example, I would definitely warn the next girl he tries to get in a relationship with.