Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My fiancé is mad at me. Am I wrong?

My fiancé mom is a lovely women but she sometimes is hard to deal with. Being slightly over bearing. So today I was going to leave to visit my mom for a week and my fiancé said I delayed leaving because I don’t want to leave because I miss being up there with them. I told him I’m going to miss you( him) he was like mmhmm and I said I’m going to miss you. He laughed and walked away then after that he left the room and was reading his book he then start yelling at me saying I was being disrespectful because I said I only was going to miss you. I honestly didn’t mean it like that but now he’s really angry with me. 

So your fiance has gone 'into one' at you because you told him you'd miss him but you didn't actually say you were going to miss his mother?  His pet dog?  His father?  His neighbour over the fence?  If this is the case and he gets so uppity about something that you have said lovingly towards him......he's picked holes in your sentiment of missing him because you didn't go far enough and say you'd miss the house, the bricks his mother etc etc....then I would seriously consider remaining with your mother and leaving your snotty fiance with his overbearing mother.  What are you?  Some sort of slave to him?   I think what he said to you - the yelling and whatnot afterwards - was DELIBERATELY cruel.  He meant to upset you and used his mother as a weapon against you.  I bet he's annoyed because you were looking forward to seeing your own mother again.  He's jealous and sounds rather controlling.  Stay longer at your mothers and tell him you are having second thoughts about him as a fiance.  He was deliberately cruel and that really is just NOT on is it.  He's spoiled you little holiday already and you haven't even departed yet.  The more I think about it the more I feel he's a rotten so-and-so and I'm sure you can do better than him.

The comment you awarded "favorite answer" is a pretty accurate answer of what you should do, however, I think you might want to talk it over with him first. After all its a big decision in your life and making any harsh decisions could be bad. If you talk it out with him I'm sure he'll show what kind of person he is, good or bad. Anyway, its your decision, not mine.

Tell him to marry his mum Instead 

Tell him you won't miss him and his mom and walk out.

You know that you need to run. Now.

Right?

maybe you shouldnt marry him then if hes going to be like that

So where does his "slightly overbearing" mother come into the story? I didn't see her anywhere.

In fact it's hard to understand any of the story.

• car253

This guy is mad about that ?  Are you kidding?  I hope your not living with him.   Sounds like he is very controlling person.   Get out the the relationship now.  Run, don't walk !!

This is just a little picture of your future with him.  Can you live with this attitude?  Think about the future.

sorry i got emotional about something....

Please it will be okay ...wishing u the best.

should have said i will miss u. love u... Or at least given a hug Tight one