Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Have you ever been ridiculed by someone with whom you opened up about something important to you, thinking they were friends?

Yes, I have. A few years later, the person tried to reconnect, but his grand humiliation of what I confided to him in front of our group of friends was too extreme and dysfunctional. It's not that I won't forgive or recognize that he has his own issues. It's that I cannot allow him to do that again and have to protect myself.

Yes. Not a friend, but a family member. Be careful whom you trust.

• Sammy

Yes. The (future ex-) wife.

When I was 12 I told my friend about a teacher I really liked and how he was touchy feely with me and how it turned me on. She told everyone, including him.

• Chanel

Not so much me but people have told me tales of nasty people who have spread 'the secret' and then denied it.

People are not always as nice as you think they are.

When you get friendly with a new person remember that if they talk about other people they will also talk about you.

Yep........................ But most of the people are still kinda growing and I'm sure I've done some things too.

No. Fortunately I've always had pretty good judgment about those that I consider to be friends. 

• Linda

I have and also had someone who I thought was my friend make prank phone calls to me. Anyone who ridicules you is not your real friend. Block them and stop talking to them!

Source(s): Experience

🥴 Of course. 

That is where you learn things about yourself that you were oblivious to.

It's good constructive criticism. And it teaches you about patience and tolerance. Wisdom.

No I've never been betrayed by a friend and if I was they'd be sorry.