Setting an ideal value in microsoft excel?

I am using excel to write a formula that assigns a rating to NFL receiver's recent performance as a predictor of future success based on multiple parameters (catch %, y/tgt, etc) weighted accordingly.

I would like to weight yards per reception into my formula and my data shows that above a certain value is negatively correlated (likely receivers that catch few passes but get deep balls) while yards/reception above a certain threshold but below another one is positively correlated to future performance.

I would like to weight this observation into my equation but I am uncertain which excel function would be best suited.

Essentially how would I set an "ideal" yard/reception number and then have excel give me an output that is higher based on how close the receiver's number is to this ideal value.

Thank you!

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.