jada asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

I have social anxiety... Any advice?

So I have social anxiety...

Social anxiety is when someone can have fear over social interactions or there can be particular situations that give that person extreme fear or worry. 

For me one of the situations I fear is going out to eat in restaurants with multiple people because whenever I go out to eat and it’s time to pay (especially when were sharing one bill) there’s alway an issue that occurs. 

I mean I know the best way to solve this issue is if I ask for a separate check ... ask the server “one on one” got a separate check for myself. But whenever this happens I hesitate to do it because I feel like it’s out of place for me to ask and I would embarrass myself.

When going out with more than one person I like to either ask for separate checks. But if it’s just one other person I like to etransfer money to make it simple because I hate doing math and making my life complicated.

You will need to see your doctor.

He may be able to help you.

Call your family doctor and ask for a referral to a mental health professional.  Show them what you have written here and use that as the basis for having a frank discussion on how you are doing.  Once they have finished your evaluation they can create a treatment plan to help you.

Join a theatrical group.