Landlord forcing me out for 8 hours.?

I'm renting a room in Tampa Bay Florida under no lease agreement month to month. The landlord is insisting that I have to leave the property a minimum of 8 hours a day that I cannot be in my room 24/7 I work from home so there's little to no reason for me to leave my room and the hours he is saying I need to be out are the freaking hotest of the day can he do this?

Ok I am under no lease and it is month to month.

of course not, but you need to start looking for someplace else to live....you can get legal notice to move...i believe you could be out on Aug 31 in FL.

No.  Even if it was in writing, it's an unenforceable illegal part of a contract. No judge would enforce that if he tried to evict you for refusing to obey.

But, without a lease and being month-to-month, Florida is technically NOT a month-to-month state. The landlord must only give 15 days notice for you to vacate and he doesn't need a reason. So even though what he's saying is not legal, it doesn't matter much if all he has to do is give you 15 days notice to vacate.

I guess he thought he would have the house  to himself when you were working but did not realize you work from home. 

He cannot demand you leave for any length of time, regardless of how you use your rental.

That is crazy and he cannot force you out.

If landlord wants to have a check out time in the AM and a check in time in the afternoon, landlord is running a hotel.   Is landlord licensed to run a hotel?   Is landlord compliant with tax laws regarding hotels?    I'll bet not.

Landlord is a moron.  

By the way, in the absence of a written lease, state law applies. 

• Maxi

Fact is if that is the terms they rented to you  that forms the 'contract' if you don't the landlord will give you a months notice... so my advice is look for somewhere else to rent that suits your needs and give one months notice and go

• Tavy

In the UK this would be a Bed & breakfast agreement where you leave for most of the day.

You need to find somewhere else to live.

• ,

That's BS, I've never heard of that unless it is in your lease and if it is why did you sign it? They usually have a condition that you let them in at a reasonable time in the day and with some notice, also at a time convenient to you - but not you go out. If this is in the lease and you signed it then he can but as I said, who would agree to such terms? If you didn't read the lease or didn't read properly and signed it then he can still hold you to it.

If you’re paying rent then you can do whatever you want. He can’t force you out unless it’s for your own safety such as bug extermination.