What's best to do for a 14-year-old, if she has acne on the cheek and chin area and whiteheads at the forehead and in the cheek area also? ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Try this:-

- wash your face twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening before bed with a water based face wash which is designed for spot prone skin. Look for products containing benzoyl peroxide (since this is used to treat acne). Cleansers which contain tea tree can also help too. Exfoliating your skin once daily is helpful to keep your pores unclogged. Add a couple of crushed aspirin tablets to the water to help dry the excess oil from your skin.

- don't over wash your face however. Washing your skin too much can actually make acne worse by causing your skin to respond by producing more oil.

- mix a little baking soda with water to make a paste, dab on the spots and wait a few minutes, then scrub your face with more of the paste and rinse.

- apply a dab of manuka honey, or some toothpaste - the paste kind, not the gel kind and not the tartar control ones as the chemicals are too harsh - to the spots to help the spots dry out faster.

- apply a dab of cortaid to the pimples. This helps to reduce redness and swelling.

- use a cotton wool ball of pad to apply some witch hazel to your skin. This helps to remove excess oil.

- apply a thin layer of PVA glue to your face, let it dry then peel off. This exfoliates your skin. PVA glue is water soluble, so it can be washed off should it stick to your eyebrows.

- add one teaspoon of epsom salts to half a cup of boiling water. Let it cool, dampen some strips of cotton in it, then apply the strips to your clogged pores. Repeat three or four times, reheating the solution if necessary.

- mix equal parts white vinegar and water, and use a cotton ball to apply it to your skin. This readjusts your skin back to the right pH.

- put a bit of hydrogen peroxide on a cotton wool ball and rub it on your face, this cleanses the pores.

- mix one teaspoon each of corn starch and lemon juice to make a paste and apply to the spots, then allow to dry. This eliminates redness, and helps the spots to dry faster.

- apply a few dabs of shoe polish over the pimples. The pipe clay and zinc oxide in the polish helps to bring the pimples to a head and dry them out.

- dampen a tea bag with warm water (don't wring it out) and apply as a compress.

- wash your face with warm water and soap, then apply mouthwash (not cool mint, as it contains sugar) with a saturated cotton wool ball. Leave on until your skin is no longer tingling, or 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water and splash your face with cold water to close your pores.

- dab a little neosporin on the affected area. This antibiotic helps clear up acne.

- use some milk of magnesia to make a facial mask. This helps to dry up excess oil, and dabbing it on spots reduces redness and speeds healing.

- dab a bit of preperation h on the spots. This reduces swelling of the pimples.

- make a bowl of porridge according to package directions, allow it to cool, then apply, and cover your face with a flannel which has been dampened with warm water. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then wash clean. Repeat for 1 week or whenever your acne flares up. Oatmeal is a natural astringent which dries the skin.

- rub some lemon juice on your skin before going to bed, then rinse off with cool water in the morning. Repeat for several days.

- put a dab of vics vaporub on the pimples. This helps the spots clear up quicker.

- apply a dab of visine eye drops (designed for treating red, itchy and watery eyes) to the pimples to help them dry faster. NB if you intend to use the drops from the same bottle in your eyes, don't let the tip touch your skin.

- If you use concealer to cover the spots, apply a swipe of it on the back of your hand and work from there. Don't apply it directly from the wand or stick, as this will contaminate the rest of the makeup.

- DO NOT pick, squeeze or burst your spots. As tempting as this may be, it will only make your spots worse by spreading the bacteria and oil which causes them. There is also a possibility that you could push the bacteria deeper into your skin which could cause an infection, and this can result in scarring.

- if nothing works, see a doctor for help. Your GP can help. or you may be referred to a dermatologist for help.

- also be patient. Fighting acne is a slow process, and there's no quick fix or immediate cure. However, you will win the battle, and your skin will thank you for it.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Joey Green's Amazing Kitchen Cures (book)
  • jenn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Go to the dermatologist 

• 1 month ago

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facwcacecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice coldca water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to ‘double bag’ your pillow.   HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin  causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

I never have had acne, a few pimples on my left chin where I am most likely to rest my hand.

The secret is never to touch the spots  

The People’s Pharmacy reports that Milk of Magnesia applied topically, at night is useful.  This is 10% Magnesium Hydroxide in water.  Epsom salts, which are Magnesium sulphate added to a hot bath are also reported to clear up back acne.

An increase in IODINE (Seafood, milk, Lugols) is often beneficial.

The very latest treatment is super gross, but works: August 2014, T. Borody:  Faecal transfer from someone with perfect skin (and I’d guess, same gender.) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

• 1 month ago

Use a mild antacid rinse or baking soda.  I know it is hard to get them to wash their hair at that age.  But use a dry cleaning solution of baking soda and a light rinse.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Be patient for a few years. 🙂

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.