Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

8 dpo do you see a line? ?

I was 8dpo yesterday. I have had cramping since 3 dpo. At 5 dpo I had sore/heavy feeling breasts which is unusual for me because I don’t get sore breasts until about 4-3 days before my period starts. Also at 7 dpo & yesterday, I had a lot of nausea & I was a bit dizzy. I don’t get nauseous before my period ever so I’m not sure what to make of it. I know I am testing early but I’m at a loss. When I hold it up to the light (which I know you’re not supposed to do lol) you can kinda see something pink but I could just be convincing myself. When should I test again? (This was taken right after I took it so no evap line) 

There's clearly no line.  Testing at 8 DPO is literally peeing money away.  Wait to see if your period is even late.

It is literally impossible to have pregnancy symptoms at and before 8 DPO.  You need to implant before hCG is even produced, and the FIRST symptom it causes is a missed period.  It needs to be much higher than that point before it causes nausea, cramping, breast soreness, etc.  

• LizB

Implantation takes 6-12 days, so at 3dpo any cramping you felt would be caused by something else. It's not unheard of to see a positive on a HPT as early as 8dpo, but you're more likely to get a false negative.

Unfortunately, I don't see a line right now. Doesn't mean you won't see one in a few days, but I think right now it's just too early. Sorry to disappoint!

That is an obviously negative test.

You should wait until your period is at least two or three days late to test again.

How did you determine ovulation?  If you are just using an app for ovulation - that is just a guess and ACTUAL ovulation could be early or late during any cycle.

So - wait until your period is late and then test again.  If it is still negative, wait four to five days and if the period is still missing - test again.