Why do African American descendants of slaves observe the religion that was forced upon them instead of embracing their original religion.?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Because when they prayed to Jesus or God they got blessings .

• 4 months ago

Because they are Hebrews from the tribe of judah. The bible is about them

• 4 months ago

Blacks are just as capable as anybody else of experiencing God for themselves, silly.  Stop being such a racist.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Obviously they were indoctrinated into western religions. They obviously were never allowed to practice their native religion. Same goes for native North Americans. They were forced to accept Christianity. Christianity has suppressed many people. Through history the Christian religion has been evil in their attempt to convert people.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

To “User”question..I do follow the religion of my great grandfather, my ancestors of 2500 years ago, my ancestors of 5000 years ago, a n d my ancestors of 5781 years ago.

• Oleg
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Because Lord Jesus Christ has freed them from slavery of sin and actual slavery by the hands of Christians.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Get a life, kevin, you loser.

• User
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Because THEIR original religion

the "original religion" of the people you are talking about who are alive today

is not the religion of their (relatively near) African ancestors.

Why don't YOU follow the religion of your great-grandfather?

And if you do...

why don't you follow the religion of your ancestors who lived 2,500 years ago?

And if you do...

why don't you follow the religion of your ancestors who lived 5,000 years ago?

etc.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

What "original religion"?  Being witch doctors and cutting beating hearts out of live people?

• Ann
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Nothing was forced on the people currently alive. I think, unlike liberals, they can decide for themselves what religion they embrace.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.