Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Would you quit a job you dread going to everyday? ?

Started a new job. 

Good salary, benefits. 

Problem is I’m very depressed and unhappy. 

I enjoy the work, but don’t like the job or the commute. 

Wake up everyday thinking of not going or excuses not to go.......... 

Should I say F it? 

You should never quit a job until you've got another lined up. But by all means be looking for another job so you can quit this one. 

I just did. I dreaded going to my job and found a new one.

You said the job has a good salary - If you have short term monetary goals, i.e. a small amount of debt, or an overdraft, pay that off first. 

Then quit. Life is too short to do a job you hate

• Paul

I certainly would, once I found a better job so I could take care of my family.

• Zirp

Questions about the answerer are not allowed on Y!A

If you enjoy the work, the obvious choice is to try to find similar work closer to where you live

• Dick

If you have to support a family, how much you "like" your job is secondary, to how much you make, and how secure your employment is. Money can make up for a lot of irritations at work. After all, if it was "fun" they wouldn't have to pay you to do it.

Don't quit if you can help it.  It's easier to find another job if you're already employed.  Just quietly start looking for something else.  Sometimes the work itself is fine but the workplace isn't.  It's better to leave before you end up twisted.  Changing jobs isn't the stigma it used to be, just be diplomatic when you speak about it.  Even when everyone knows a company is bad it's considered bad form to badmouth it.

Yes.  I have in the past and I'd do it again. There's more to life than working, despite what Trump's worthless pro-capitalism trolls here tell you.

• marty

Life isn't supposed to be a chore, if you aren't happy then by all means quit and find one more suitable for you. I've had two jobs in my life and loved them both,  now I'm retired and have no regrets of my past employment. 

I would try and stay for a year, since quitting a job early is a bad mark on one's employment history.