Boy
Boy asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 month ago

How can i mow the lawn without it pooping out wet grass chunks? ?

I have a Briggs and Stratton push mower that is self propelled and has a bag on the back that supposedly collects the grass. Whenever I am done with it I dump the grass clipping from the bag over the fence.

However when I cut the grass, the bag is always not even half way full, and my lawn mower poops the grass in small chunks all over the yard and when I roll the lawn mower up on the drive way off it still poops the grass in small chunks on it.

The grass dries and turns brown 

Don't cut your grass when it's wet. Wait for evening after it has had a chance to dry all day from dew or rain. Also, cut it more often so that is isn't so long and likely to bunch up in the blades.

Wait till low tide?

Don't mow the lawn after it's been raining

Youre cutting it wet so of course it clumps.  you may be waiting too long between cuts too.  If you're bagging it's best to cut every week.  3 times in 2 weeks in the spring. 

Cut it more often.

• y

The grass is either too long or two wet to be cutting efficiently. Want thing to work right and still cut at the same time? You'll have to do it twice, cutting less each time.

Since you're dumping the bag over the fence, I'm good with it pooping grass chunks in your yard, too.