Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

The Channel 4 programme “The Windsors” is now on Netflix for the world to see. Should it be taken down for how it depicts the royals?

Because it is an embarrassment to Britons for the world to see a BRITISH television programme disparage and belittle our royals so brutally. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, don't take it off the TV. I am enjoying it.

• Buzz
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It’s such crap humour, badly written with a rubbish cast, that I wouldn’t worry about it in the slightest. Hardly spitting image. 

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Windsors is satire. This is not the first television program that poles fun at the royals. I remember "Spitting Image." Famous people, whether they be politicians,actors, company heads, royals, are often targets for satirical treatment.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Just a show which is wrong no one knows how they act at Home seen several types of this Rubbish

Having met and Played Darts with Phillip he is Just a  man

I choose not to watch Rubbish

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The British have a long tradition of caricaturing a robust monarchy. Some of the cartoons of George IV are full on. As they are such an easy target, and don't react to it, not that many comedians with any pride go after the modern royals. Depicting your head of state as a large orange inflatable in a nappy seems rather more offensive.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No I don't agree with censorship.

• 1 month ago

There isn't enough jails to implement a law on mocking them so how would you stop it any other way? Years ago Tony Blair was asked about this and he wouldn't do anything, he wouldn't stop mocking against himself even because there isn't enough room as I said. It's not possible to slander a public organisation neither so civil law doesn't even come into it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is a load of rubbish, I wouldn't subscribe to Netflix to watch reruns of it.

There have been far more satirical programmes, better written and better acted.

• 1 month ago

Is the depiction accurate, or slanderous?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.