Bachelor - need help with best method to bake a potato. Pierce, tin foil wrap, bake 45 minutes or so?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I never wrap the potato in foil .. I like a crisp skin.

I cut a slit into the potato, going about half way through .. this makes it easier to 'squeese open' after it's cooked to add some butter .. and then I put the potato (wet) directly onto the oven shelf of a hot oven.

The time depends on the size of the potato, so keep stabbing it with a sharp knife until it's soft inside

• bill
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Pierce and put it in oven but not just for set 45 minutes.Check every 15 minutes by sticking fork in it until it is soft as you like.

• 2 months ago

using foil wrap gets you a potato that is just like a boiled potato. No need for it. always stab with a fork. they can blow up in the oven or in your face when you remove from oven if not vented by stabbing with fork. the easest way to bake a potato is select potato, wash potato, stab potato with fork. Put in 350 degree oven and remove when its tender all the way through. 

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

If you like a "limp-mushy' skin then wrap the potato in foil.If you prefer a crispy skin, then scrub,oil and bake.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Sounds right. Cant really screw up a baked potato 

• 2 months ago

I don't know if it's the best method, but I brush the skin with olive oil, tin foil wrap and bake, baking time depends on the size, but 45 minutes in a regular oven should be good except for a gigantic potato which might take longer. They come out delicious.

I only buy organic potatoes since the others are sprayed with pesticides in two places when they are growing.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I am lazy.  

Scrub a large potato, put in the microwave for 5 minutes, wait 3 minutes, check, repeat until done.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.