Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

In Hart's war it showed the German national anthem playing when the American POWs went to the camp, was that fiction or propaganda ?

I felt like it was this messege as if "this is Germany". I felt it was uncalled for and I doubt this occurred. It did not make sense is what I mean. Also there was a nazi flag at the gate. No historical photos or video shows a nazi flag at the gate, nor proof they played the anthem to new arrivals. 

So my question is, was this typical Hollywood propaganda to make Germans look bad? 

• Tina

Anonymous - why do you think it requires a film to "make the Germans look bad?" And where, apart from to a Nazi POW camp would you expect POWs to be taken? what flag should you have seen?

It is a movie based on a novel (for the less intelligent that means it is fictional, not documentary).