When will the poletricks get off their fat asses and pass a monthly stimulus?

When Trump gets out of office. And the republicans lose the senate. Then we will get the stimulus money. 

Apparently never. So I guess you'd better hope Trump's Executive Order doesn't get shut down by the courts. 

• Rob

Here's the problem with a monthly stimulus:  it discourages people from actively seeking or taking work.  Assuming Trump's plan to give $400/week pans out, that works out to $20,800.  Add unemployment to that number and suddenly many lower-wage employees have no incentive to work.  I have a friend whose wife was making more with unemployment and the first round of $600/wk stimulus benefits than she made when she was working.  He told me that he would rather her stay home since she was making more money not working.

• martin

There's too much pride and stubbornness.  The idea of a stimulus is repugnant to most Republicans.

• Liz

I wouldn't hold your breath.