Why does Yahoo position Questions in obscure or unrelated categories?  ?

Is this so they'll not be seen or commented on? Is this their lame attempt at censorship?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Its Based on Key Words that you use in your Question it has nothing to do with Censorship if it does not get it Correct you can Fix it under the Edit Button you can click on it then Click on Edit Category and Select the Correct one for it and click Submit and it will be Moved to the Right place 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because the algorithm that places the questions didn't find the right keywords. It's no conspiracy theory. People need to make sure their questions use relevant words to get them to land in the correct subcategory OR simply relocate the question themselves, if they land in the wrong place. Also, adding words from the desired subcategory title can help such as "Polls: <poll or survey question>" or "Politics: <political question>". A number of users do that because they've found it helps. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because it just chooses category based on key words and those key words sometimes lead it to a different category. For example if I say "how do I cut back on my chances of getting Coronavirus" it sees the word cut and puts in in the hair category of Beauty and Style.  For some reason the word Coronavirus often ends up in the Marriage and Divorce section, can't figure that one out.    

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.