Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Why can’t we just send the military in to the city and have them post up to fix the inner city crime?

Because it is illegal to use active duty military to act as a police force.  

Look up USC 18 Section 1385.  The Military isn't allowed to do that!

• TomB

The Posse Comitatus Act mostly...but:

The State Governors have the authority to use the National Guard to augment Law Enforcement and the Mayors/City Councils have the authority to request help from the Governors....

- However, when your goal is to de-fund and dis-band the Police, requesting augmentation of them is kind of counter productive towards those Left Wing goals and would be admitting that they have a problem. (and that the "Peaceful Riots" ain't so Peaceful).

Because, Mr Trump, it is prohibited by the Constitution, except that the Governor can mobilize the National Guard.

• Kieth

Because we aren't Russia.

• Wilson

Who is this "we" you speak of?

I am not a military commander..........and I'm guessing neither are you. 

And, 

Last time I checked, no one in the government or in the military has come knocking on my door to ask me what they think I should do.