? asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Are kitchen blowtorches pretty much all the same, regardless of the price, for melting cheese ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 days ago

Best food laughing gas from https://zakisazota-msk24.ru

• 1 month ago

There are two types of kitchen torches. The most common one directs the flame to the food and can be hard to control. There are some that direct the flame to a metal disk that is part of the torch. The metal disk glows red, and its radiant heat browns/melts the food to be processed. Direct heat torches are said to flavor the food with unburned food. I use them anyway.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't have a blowtorch,  I just melt cheese by putting it under the grill / broiler.

• 1 month ago

Yeah, they all do the same job, it is just a matter of how much you want to pay, and if you want any fancy bells and whistles. I got a cheap one, it works fine, the only drawback is that it doesn't hold as much fuel as some of the fancier ones. Not an issue, it isn't something I use on the daily.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Aside from a slight difference in size and/or amount of flame dispensed, they are pretty much the same. 

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some get hotter and other will have more jets to better distribute the flame. Others will hold more or less butane. And still others will have a larger diameter flame. Shape, size color? They are usually refillable but I haven't really noticed a distinct difference in different brands of butane. Zippo is usually my default choice because they've been around for so long. When I've ordered the culinary torches online I think they shipped empty.

• 1 month ago

I suspect they are.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.