Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

Are there moons/planets with oceans of vodka or gin?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It's possible that high ethanol oceans do exist, yes.  Ethanol forms naturally in interstellar space and nebulae and if a body of the right size had a surface pressure sufficient for the formation of liquid ethanol and a temperature above the boiling point of ammonia but below the freezing point of water, it might have ethanol on its surface.  Not gin though, because that's made with juniper berries which contain a mixture of terpene-based organic compounds which are unlikely to form by non-biological processes.  What is possible, surprisingly, is raspberry liqueur because the flavour is ethyl formate, which is formed when formaldehyde, also quite common, reacts with ethanol.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only in the dreams and fantasies of an alcoholic.

• 1 month ago

I could believe "oceans of pure alcohol" - but vodka and gin are impure alcohols with fairly specific content.  For instance, gin comes from the juniper berry.  I sincerely doubt you would find juniper on other planets.

• 1 month ago

If there was I would be there already

And with a KFC it would be perfect

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably not, vodka and gin are manufactured not naturally occurring.

There could be moons or planets with oceans or lakes of various alcohols (ethyl, methyl, or isopropyl).

• 1 month ago

Vodka and gin are the product of certain human being who wanted to intoxicate their brain with that intoxicant , which harm their souls , but the moons and other planets are clean and pure having no water in them. So all lives originate from water.

• 1 month ago

Only if you drink enough of it to break your mind.

• 1 month ago

No.

Two points.

• 1 month ago

<Burp> ...Not any more, there aren't.

• 1 month ago

no                                       

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.