Do children subjected to homosexual media have an increased chance to grow up to be homosexual? ?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course not, you troll. You either are "homosexual" or you are not. And what, exactly, is "homosexual media"?

• 1 month ago

Don't know and won't pretended to know. Is there evidence of them becoming everything else they see on TV? That might could answer your question.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

why would one expose children to sexual media ?

• Prince
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, actually. NOTHING makes it likelier than growing up in the repression of a homophobic culture. Note that there are billions of dollars in payoffs available today for the victims of both Catholic priests and Boy Scouts Leaders. Secrecy and repression have the opposite effect, making it tantalising for the perps and the victims won't come forward. Openness diffuses it and only those with a real natural tendency gravitate towards it in adulthood. Remember the terrible example of Joe Paterno and Jerry Sandusky. Don't trust homophobic poseurs. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Robert
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No more than the sun can rise in the west or set in the east

• 1 month ago

I mean, I grew up with virtually no lgbt+ representation and I’m gay, but my brother grew up with tons of shows that depict gay characters and he’s straight, so no 

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  If a kid is homosexual then he/she is born that way long before ever watching TV or comprehending what's on the screen.  The only thing that might change is whether or not the kid accepts oneself as homosexual and feels confident enough to come out as gay to their family and friends.  But coming out or not, the kid will still be gay regardless.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. They just end up knowing that there are people out there differences.

• 1 month ago

No they do not.

That is like sugesting children who are subjected to people with grey hair will grow up to have grey hair.

What being exposed to homosexuality as a child could do is put the child into a mind set of acceptance.  So if he is gay or bisexual he wont feel pressure to reject it and so live a life that is a lie.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no. if someone's going to turn out gay, they'd be gay regardless of what media they saw as kids. same with being straight, or other sexualities.

however, if someone who is gay grew up without seeing any gay representation in the media, they're more likely to not understand their feelings and be confused in life. so, that's part of why representation is good.

the idea that gay media will "turn people gay" is paranoia and a lie perpetuated to justify discrimination against lgbt people. being gay isnt even a bad thing anyway

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.