Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

Found a bird's nest with 3 hatchlings. They're opening their mouth, crying for food. Should I help them?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

It depends on where the nest is. If it is in a tree or safe spot from predators, then NO. The mom is probably hunting food and waiting for you to go away. Do not feed it worms like someone said. The mom eats and regurgitates the food, a whole worm could choke them. IF the nest blew out of a tree and is on the ground where a dog or cat can get it, then you should immediately take it to a wildlife rehabilitator. You can call your county or state game wardens and ask them where you can take it. We have a vet in my area who is also a wildlife rehabilitator, and I took baby birds to him before. He showed me how they feed them ground canned dog food, and how important it is they are the right environment for temperature control so they don't get too hot or cold. You don't know this specialized care, and you could kill the birds. So if they are in danger, call your game warden, humane society, or vet, and ask them who in the area is a wildlife rehabilitator that you should take them to.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Try something called "minding your own business". The mom will return.

• jean
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

if the nest is in the tree then leave alone, the parents may be near by. if on the ground then maybe contact your local wildlife care centre or vet to ask for help/advice

• Judy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, don't interfere.  The hatchlings will be crying for about a couple of weeks.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No that’s nature the mom is around, she will come back when she gets food and it’s safe to come back.  She is probably watching you.

• 1 month ago

Feed each one a worm.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Leave the nest alone, the mother probably went looking for food.

• 🦋
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No...............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.