Are there any patient advocacy tools that can help my friend find information regarding her medical records?

my friend would like to go for a second opinion on her diagnosis

Just tell the doctor who ordered the tests or who made the diagnosis to make those records available to the doctor from whom you have asked for a second opinion. You may have to sign some paperwork but that should not be a problem.

it is best not to tell the second doctor about seeing a doctor prior. The reason is doctors stick together and are all about money. For example, if a doctor tells you that you have cancer, and you go for a second opinion the second doctor will also tell you that you have cancer. Thousands of people are treated for cancer every year without even having cancer. Before people put a thumbs down, do a search and you can see how many doctors have been convicted for medical malpratice and fraud for lying to patients just to make money. Most doctors are scum and should only be paid minimum wage unless they are a surgeon. Nurses do all the work.

where i go see my doctor they have a patient portal where you can go online and see your medical records, maybe your friend can ask about that where she goes